Apple, Dried Cherry, and Walnut Salad with Maple Dressing
by Chris Tierney, WCAX's Across the Fence - Maple Cooking Show, April 2006
- Maple Dressing:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Jed's Pure Vermont maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar or other white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar (taste dressing first, may be sweet enough)
- 5 oz bag mixed baby greens (about 10 cups lightly packed)
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into matchstick-size strips
- ½ cup dried tart cherries
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, toasted
Whisk mayonnaise, maple syrup, vinegar, and sugar in medium bowl to blend. Gradually whisk in oil until mixture thickens slightly. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Dressing can be prepared 3 days ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewhisk before using.)
Toss greens, apples, cherries, and 1/4 cup walnuts in large bowl to combine. Toss with enough dressing to coat. Divide salad equally among plates. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup walnuts and serve.
Makes 6 servings.
Copyright © 2011-2018 Jed's Maple Products